A bottomless portafilter is an important piece of equipment and great Barista training tool that aids in diagnosing espresso extraction issues but not only. The spouts are removed, the basket is exposed, allowing you to watch the entire extraction process.
5 Reasons to Use a Bottomless Portafilter
- Espresso Extraction Troubleshooting. Bottomless portafilters allow the barista to instantly deduce whether proper tamping technique has been achieved.
- Consistency. With the ability to troubleshoot espresso shots instantly the consistency of coffee served in your espresso bar will greatly increase, giving you that much needed edge over the competition.
- Crema. In the hands of an experienced barista with fresh espresso beans, a bottomless portafilter will yield 50% or more of Crema.
- Taste. More Crema means more flavor.
- Training. For all the reasons above Naked Portafilters have become a valuable tool for espresso training.